Our Purpose, Mission, and Motto
Our purpose is to enable children to grow in their understanding of themselves, their relationship with God, and their relationship with others; to acquire knowledge, and to develop the skills necessary for success in higher educational pursuits and throughout their adult life. SEAS exists because we believe that this can be accomplished best through an exceptional Catholic education.
The mission of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School is to educate children in a Christ-centered environment where each child can achieve his/her fullest potential, become a lifelong learner, value service to God and the community, and work cooperatively and independently while serving others.
At SEAS, we do all things according to our school motto, taken from Psalm 123, "Our eyes are fixed on the Lord!"
We, the faculty and staff of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School, believe:
- Each person is made in the image and likeness of God and is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs.
- Creating a Christ-centered environment promotes an attitude of respect for the dignity of all persons and fosters a love of life, love of family, and love of country.
- Faculty, staff, parents, the clergy, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- Students learn in different ways and must be provided a variety of approaches to learning and assessment.
- A student’s self esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect between student and staff.
- Providing a safe, caring, and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Commitment to continuous improvement is imperative for our school to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.